Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cut Cut Cut!

Yesterday,  I turned my living room into a seamstress workshop, took my scissors out and started snipping fabric away.  I had a full garbage bag worth of clothes to cut and half way through my hand was begging me to stop.  I kept looking at the pile of clothes that I had already cut into little squares and the size of the intact clothes pile, which seemed to not get any smaller,  and got a little discouraged by the task that seemed to be never ending.  I then realized  that for those people who live on the street, everyday their life is an uphill battle and everyday their struggle seem never ending and they must keep on going.  I thought my little sore hand was nothing compared to what they must endure sleeping on the pavement on a minus 30 degree winter night, so I kept on snipping!  I cut 360 little squares, enough to make 9 quilts and looked at my piles of little squares and  smiled.  I had achieved something today, I was one step closer to making someone's life a little more comfortable.  I didn't care about my aching hand anymore, I just felt so proud of my little piles of little squares!
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment